MyPaint 1.0.0 is Released
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release !
Packaging time already started but still not published yet , installer for various system ( Win, Mac , linux distribution ) based on the 1.0 code source should appear shortly ( encouragement for all the packager around who works hard on it ) . If you want to help ; check the packaging status here and talk with us via mailing list / forum / IRC channel . *-buntu users affraid to compile will probably enjoy to install the developpement ppa .
- A configurable toolbar has been added with dropdown widgets for colour, brush, and brush settings.
- Floating tool windows can now be docked into a sidebar inside the main window.
- A “Lock Alpha” mode has been added for brushstrokes, and there are now some basic layer compositing modes.
- Mouse and stylus buttons can be bound to different actions via the preferences.
- There’s a new scratchpad tool which can be used for thumbnails, notes, or recording brushstrokes and colour choices.
- Finally, there have been numerous little improvements and bugfixes to MyPaint’s speed, user interface, and its brush collections.
Mypaint 1.0 with docked panel, floating scratchpad, and on canvas color changer ‘washed’
Mypaint 1.0 dropdown widgets for brush, with a color triangle and layer panel undocked
Mypaint 1.0 frame limitation of the infinite canvas ( here on a rotated drawing ), Tablet buttons preferences, Color ring on canvas and another docked/undocked customisation for panel.
Mypaint 1.0 Brush Setting Editor new reorganised user interface
Discourse Comments Disabled